Saturday, June 10, 2017

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco


Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Goodreads Blurb: Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

My thoughts: I have a weird obsession with Jack the Ripper, can’t explain why but I find his history fascinating.  I am also a fan of James Patterson who has a hand in this book so those two factors caught my attention. I love how Kerri put her twist on the “monster” jack the Ripper and I was completely blown away but the ending of this story, I had to read it out at least 3 times to make sure it was actually happening. The sequel Hunting Prince Dracula comes out later this year but the wait for me won’t be too bad because I scored the ARC at BookCon this year!

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...