Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Once and for All


I’m an avid Sarah Dessen reader and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on (and signed!) at Bookcon. I’m always nervous about reading the new book from a favorite author, silently hoping it lives up to what I’ve built up in my head. Well let me tell you, it definitely did!!

This entire book felt real down to the cynicism and critiquing of the weddings from Natalie and William, to the realistic view of today’s dating from Ambrose, to how prevalent and worldwide school shootings are and how much they impact the families and loved ones of victims.

The book touched on the sensitive topic of losing a loved one, especially a walk-in-the-sunset love, at a young age and how it is hard to find oneself afterwards. It shows a mature understanding and hopefully a reassurance to any young reader who can gone through such a thing, that you will love and find yourself again.

Once and for All felt more mature than other Sarah Dessen books and I think that’s good because her readers are getting older.


Definitely recommend this book, and all of Sarah Dessen’s other books, to YA readers.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...