Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Pact by Jodi Picoult



The Pact by Jodi Picoult

Goodreads Blur:

For eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty-- they've grown so close it seems they have always been a part of each other's lives. Parents and children alike have been best friends, so it's no surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. They've been soul mates since they were born.

So when midnight calls from the hospital come in, no one is ready for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head. There's a single unspent bullet in the gun that Chris took from his father's cabinet-- a bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself. But a local detective has doubts about the suicide pact that Chris has described.

My thoughts: If you are in need for a good cry read this book. I heard about Jodi Picoult’s writing through other readers and her style didn’t seem like anything I would be into any my friend kept pushing this book on me so I read it to get her off my back. The entire book is suspenseful, it goes back and forth between the court trial and the events leading up to Emily’s death. The end still has me shook. I cried like I’ve never cried before after reading this book. I would love to read this story again but at the same time I don’t but it is just too emotional but perfect and I think I will forever be torn.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...