Friday, September 29, 2017

A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck (Arc Review)


My Thoughts:
When I first started this book, I was not sure if I would like it, it really reminded me of friend I have and what he went through a few years ago. This story is one every person has felt at one time in their life. The crush that only sees them as a friend and nothing more. The book felt a little juvenile to me, but definitely a good read that I couldn’t put down. Especially after *spoiler* tabby dies in a car accident. The book was well written with good dialogue that a 12+ year old would enjoy, there are a few mentions of sexual content but nothing that isn’t mentioned in a high school health class. It had an aspect that I could relate to it, even as a twenty-four year old. It felt more like if the characters were in college rather than high school, but regardless an early teenager and up would enjoy the book.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...