Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson


“Murder, Magic, and Madness at the fair that changed america”
My Thoughts:

I found this book at a thrift store for $2 and I’m glad I did. It wasn’t until I got home and re-read the back of the book that I realized it was a nonfiction book about H.H Holmes and his murder castle in Chicago. This book gave a lot of information and had the perfect balance of background and horror. There is a lot of history on the construction and business side of the Chicago World’s Fair, so be prepared for it. I passed this along to my bestie and fellow blogger Emily, so she can read it as well.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...