Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket



A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

My thoughts: I couldn’t find a good summary explaining at 13 books and putting in a short summary of all 13 individually would be too much so I am just starting with my opinion on the series as a whole. I remember when these books first started to come out and it didn’t seem like something I would be interested it until now. After finding Netflix was going to start a series on it I thought why not pick one up and see what it is all about. I was nervous at first to start reading them because I’m 24 and I was worried people would think I was weird for reading a children’s book but after going through Goodreads and seeing readers my age and older reading them I said the heck with it and plowed through all 13.I really like how each book has its own setting and Olaf’s schemes to get the children are always completely different. The major issue I have with this series is the ending. I wasn’t expecting a happy ending, all the books tell you more than once that it wasn’t going to be that type of story but for me the ending could have been better, considering everything the 3 children went through.
Thoughts on the Netflix series to come!

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...