Friday, September 8, 2017

The Shoe Queen by Anna Davis



Goodreads Blurb,

In The Shoe Queen, author Anna Davis immerses readers in the glitter and excitement of 1920's Paris -- where one woman's obsession with shoes leads her into a steamy affair that will make her question what matters most in life”

I found this book at a local thrift store, and I was immediately drawn in by the location of this book as well as the time period. I absolutely love the structure of the book as well as the characters. Even though I found myself wishing there was some bigger plot or that I could find some kind of strand that I would connect with any of the characters, I loved the book and story. I did often find myself wishing for the other shoe to drop or something big to happen towards the end of the book, I was shocked when *spoilers* the realization was made that Paolo fathered two of Olga’s children. In the end I was happy that Genevieve was able to find her self and experience real love, even if there was a lust quality to it, and that she was able to reconcile her friendship with Lulu.

Speaking of Lulu! I love her carefree spirit who gave the book a peek party aspect of the 1920’s party and glam scene.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...