Friday, September 15, 2017

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen


Goodreads Blurb:
“Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real.”

My Thoughts:

This is one of the first Sarah Dessen books I read, which means it will always be special to me, but it is also my favorite one. It’s realistic and shows what it is like to really be in an abusive relationship-that you are in a hole that you just can’t escape. Everything in the story gets resolved but not in a way one would assume. It shows the steps of what to do and how to get better and heal afterwards. Most books show the “I’m overthrowing my abuser and getting out” while the book has a different approach. I am upset that there was not a lot about her healing process at the end of the book and I wish it had more detail but truly one of my favorite books.

That being said there is a physically abusive component to the book so make sure that you or someone you know reading it is comfortable with that content.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...