Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Girl at the End of the Line by Charles Mathes


Goodreads Blurb:
“Their travels bring adventure and exhilaration as they have the new and wonderful experience of seeing New York and London, and meeting such exotic fauna as professional actors. But it also brings tragedy as “accidents” occur around them.”  


My Thoughts:
I bought this book in a thrift shop when I was visiting Upstate New York. I got it for $2 and honestly it should have been priced higher. Not only was it in good condition, had a life as a former library book, but it was honestly one of my favorite reads from this summer.
This book not only had adventure and mystery-it honestly reminded me of the A Tea Shop Mystery books. It was really a cute story about two sister, living an average life, except that one sister has been mute ever since witnessing the murder of her mother. Shortly after finding a secret about their grandmother, she turns up dead. The sisters world erupts into chaos, leaving them wondering who they really are. The structure of the book, writing style, and use of words were amazing as well. Seriously a good quick read that will keep you entertained through the story.

I’m currently looking up the rest of his books and my Mom is currently reading it.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...