Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Looking Glass Wars By Frank Beddor



The Looking Glass Wars
By Frank Beddor

Goodreads Blurb: Alyss of Wonderland?
When Alyss Heart, newly orphaned heir to the Wonderland throne, flees through the Pool of Tears to escape her murderous Aunt Redd, she finds herself lost and alone in Victorian London. Befriended by an aspiring author named Lewis Carrol, Alyss tells the violent, heartbreaking story of her young life. Alyss trusts this author to tell the truth so that someone, somewhere will find her and bring her home. But he gets the story all wrong. He even spells her name incorrectly!

Fortunately, Royal Bodyguard Hatter Madigan knows all too well the awful truth of Alyss' story - and he's searching every corner of our world to find the lost princess and return her to Wonderland, to battle Redd for her rightful place as the Queen of Hearts.

The Looking Glass Wars unabashedly challenges our Wonderland assumptions of mad tea parties, grinning Cheshire cats, and a curious little blond girl to reveal an epic battle in the endless war for Imagination.

My thoughts: If I could give this book infinite stars I would. A co-worker of mine recommend this book to me, I didn’t even know it existed, and I fell in love. I love how her name is spelled, how are the characters I know from the Disney story are there but better, and possibly my favorite part was how the tied in Lewis Carrol. I couldn’t put the book down once I started, the story kicks off with a bang, and if I didn’t have to work I probably would’ve finished it sooner. If you are a Wonderland fan I highly suggest you read this book, it is the first in the trilogy and I believe Hatter Madigan might has a spin-off, not 100% sure though.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...