Friday, July 28, 2017

Not Under the Law by Grace Livingston Hill


“Desperate and on the run, Joyce’s only hope is a man who betrayed her.”


Another one of the many novels my grandparents sent from California in that lovely large box of Grace Livingston Hill books. My mother has been hounding me forever to read this book, and I am so happy I finally did.


This may be one of my favorite grace Livingston hill books I have read this far. It simply made me want to re-evaluate my life and living arrangements. It sent me dreaming of a tiny home life, how it would be to leave and disappear to another state and town-how my life could change just by one decision and making the choice to be true to myself.


This book had it all, love, trial, grave robbers (!!), and of course, like every Grace Livingston Hill book, God.


It was an absolute joy to read this book, it's truly a treasure, and especially so when I can talk about it with my Mom, Grandmother, and Aunt. I absolutely love that these novels have been passed down through generations.


I did not want this book to end!

But seriously...who saw the grave robbers coming!!

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...