Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler



“In California’s central valley, five women and one man join to discuss Jane Austen’s novels. Over the six months they get together, marriages are tested, affairs begin, unsuitable arrangements become suitable, and love happens.”


I’ve watched this movie a few times and have absolutely loved it. When I found the book at the local thrift bookstore, I was beyond excited. Unfortunately, this book did not live up to the hype I created for it. 

Even though I’m fully aware that books and movies can have two very different story lines, I was truly hoping that something would just happen in the book so I was would be hooked. Sadly, that moment never came. 

Overall the entire book just seemed bland to me, the characters, story plot, and just about everything else was poorly written. In a few months I may try to read it again...I honestly may have just been in a mood and not the right frame of mind to finish and enjoy the book.

It was truly just hard for me to finish the book, but I felt like I needed to because I love Jane Austen.


No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...