Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess
The prequels to the popular Mortal Instruments Series

I have been going back and forth on whether I was going to read the Mortal Instruments for years. I watched the movie to see if I would like the premise of the story or not.  It’s a big taboo of mine to not read the book first but I went for it anyway. I didn’t mind the movie but some of my friends who are part of the Shadowhunter fandom weren’t fans of the movie. When the TV show came out I thought about reading the series but at that part there were some many books tied to the Shadow World I didn’t know where to start so I went with what I thought would be best based on the timeline. I read a Clockwork Angel in a day. I found everything about Shadowhunters and their world to be fascinating and a rush. There are so many twist and turns in the three stories, always keeping on edge to the very end. I just finished the third and finale book of the trilogy, Clockwork Princess last night/early this morning and the ending left me shocked.

The three books focus on Tessa Gray, a girl who just moved for New York to London to be with her brother. The second she steps on London soil she is taken and witches and held captive. There she is constantly focus to use her special gift, shape-shifting. Eventually she is rescued by Shadowhunters, unintentionally, Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs. From there on it is a continuous battle to keep Tessa away from Mortmain who wants to use her gift as part of his plan to take out all the Shadowhunters. During her stay at the London Institute Tessa becomes the love interest for Will and Jem which adds on to the intensity of her situation.  In the end, Mortmain’s plan comes into effect and it’s up to the Shadowhunters of the London Institute to fight to save the Shadow World and Tessa.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...