Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom


“The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.”


I stumbled upon this book in a thrift store, placed it on my bookshelf, and completely forgot about it.
When I was at Emily’s going through books she was planning on giving away, she had a copy. I grabbed it and
thought it would make a good Christmas gift for my belly dancing, fire breathing, Aunt. I figured maybe I should
read it before I gave it to her.


The novel is written in several parts, chapters, and sometimes in stanzas like poetry.
It follows three characters through their lives and their quest for controlling time- more, less, or to stop it all together.
Only Father Time can bring their three lives together and show the true meaning of time, a life lived, and how precious
every day is.

It is a beautiful book, like everything Mitch Albom writes, and it holds such a deep meaning.
In my opinion, it can be compared to the Alchemist or other books with that same deep emotional feeling.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...