Monday, January 15, 2018

Ship of the Dead (Mangus Chase 3) by Rick Riordan

The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
Blurb:
Magnus Chase, a once-homeless teen, is a resident of the Hotel Valhalla and one of Odin's chosen warriors. As the son of Frey, the god of summer, fertility, and health, Magnus isn't naturally inclined to fighting. But he has strong and steadfast friends, including Hearthstone the elf, Blitzen the dwarf, and Samirah the Valkyrie, and together they have achieved brave deeds, such as defeating Fenris Wolf and battling giants for Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. Now Magnus and his crew must sail to the farthest borders of Jotunheim and Niflheim in pursuit of Asgard's greatest threat. Will they succeed in their perilous journey, or is Ragnarok lurking on the horizon?
My thoughts:
So I did not realize that this book was the last one in the series. When I first found out that the author was going to make a Viking series, I was excited. then he put the first book out and I thought it was good but it could have been better. then the next one came out and that was lacking.now this book came out and it is my favorite in the series. I still think that he could have made the ending a little bit more action packed. I felt like there was something lacking. there were definitely some good parts in the story. I don't want to spoil it. the ending to this series was very similar to one of his other series. I just felt like this book could have been so much better. out of all Rick Riordan series, this is the lowest. it also makes me nervous to read his next series. but we shall see.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...