Tuesday, January 9, 2018

See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt




“Sarah Schmidt recasts one of the most fascinating murder cases of all time into an intimate story of a volatile
household and a family devoid of love”   


I was interested in the topic of Lizzie Borden after watching Ghost Adventures and the Tennessee Wraith Chasers
visiting the Borden House Bed and Breakfast. On one of my many late night Barnes and Noble runs that happen
during the week, I quickly researched Lizzie Borden books and this one came up.


It’s a historical retelling of the Lizzie Borden story that falls within Fiction and Nonfiction. I’ve since found out that
a lot of this story is more real than it is fake. Overall the book made me more interested in the Borden murder mystery
and I’ll be looking into more books about it.

The book was a good fast read, the characters are extremely fleshed out, and you get a feel for the entire house/area
/time period.  The only thing that may be confusing is that the chapters jump back and forth between time periods
and characters. There is a timeline and character list in the back of the book so use it for reference if needed!

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...