Monday, October 9, 2017

Labyrinth Lost ( Brooklyn brujas 1) By Zoraida Cordova

27969087
Blurb:
I was chosen by the Deos. Even gods make mistakes.

Alex is a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation…and she hates magic. At her Deathday celebration, Alex performs a spell to rid herself of her power. But it backfires. Her whole family vanishes into thin air, leaving her alone with Nova, a brujo boy she can’t trust, but who may be Alex’s only chance at saving her family.
My thoughts:
this book was different from what i normally read but i enjoyed it. I think that this author  brings in something different to the table. she is bring in a lot of Latin American culture to YA books. I don't think that there are a lot of books out currently that have a latin culture in them. This book was fun entertaining, and real. the main character describes how every girl feels in high school. it had you sucked in from the moment you started reading. I also love mythical and magical element. we see a lot of books out there that have Greek, Roman, and Norse myths in it. What about the others. that is one of the main attractions for me. I can not wait to read the next one and neither will you.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...