Monday, October 23, 2017

Broken Shelves (unique minds 3) by Anne Malcom

Broken Shelves (Unquiet Mind, #3)

Blurb:
Gina: 
Freshly brewed tea. Earl Grey, loose leaf. 
Rain on the windowsills. The smell of library books. Escape into worlds greater than this. 
Solitude. 
Invisibility. 
A quiet life. Maybe boring, but boring was never dangerous. Until I saw what I was missing out on. Who I was missing out on. The man who shattered my boring, safe life and lay it to ruin. 
The man I’d been in love with since I was a teenager. Who I’d been invisible to since I was a teenager. 
The man who just happened to be a world-famous rock star. 

Sam: 
Whisky. Neat. Leave the bottle. 
Crowd of hundreds of people. No, make it thousands. All shouting my name. Live fast. Die... 
Die? I’m too young, too famous and far too badass to die. Death doesn’t happen when you stop breathing, it’s what happens before that. Death is the monotony of life. The grave? Well, all the greats live there. You’re not a rock star until you die before you’re thirty. The grave doesn't bother me. 
Just the quiet. 
That is death in the life of rock. 
But then... her. 
She’d been there all along and I’d been too blind, too obsessed with the fast, loud life to realize where the real Nirvana lay. 
In the silence. 
Even the grave couldn’t hold me if I didn’t get her. 
And I’m a rock star. 
And a badass. 
And as stubborn as I am good-looking. 
I know how to get what I want. 
I also know how to kill anyone who gets in my way.

My Thoughts:
 So i was a little shocked that  author wrote this book first  because Sam is a favorite character for a lot of people. I thought she would have wrote a different character first. I person love this series. this character was a favorite of mine. I loved seeing the inside of Sam's brain. we get to learn m more about why Sam is the way he is. I was not a fan of how the book was written in certain sections. it was like the author was writing from a third party but you don't know who is that third party is. I was also shocked that we did not get to see as much of the rest of the band as i would have liked. I really did like the book but certain areas could have been a pit better. I also would have liked to see more from Pria. overall 4.5 stars for me. I can not wait for the next book.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...