Thursday, October 12, 2017

Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard 2) by Rick Riordan

27904311
Blurb:
Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high.
My thoughts:
Rick Roirdan has so many amazing books. I like that he stepped in the realm of Norse Mythology. I feel that there are not many fictional books out there about Norse myths. It took me a long time to get into this book. It is not that the book is bad it just is a little too descriptive at times and I tend to get bored. I use to love his books but the last couple has been super hard for me to get into. For me in this book I wanted more action but instead we got a lot of backstory for the characters. Not that it is a bad thing but I would have liked more. I love the relationships between all of the characters. Even if someone new comes along they are accepted right away. I also enjoy that Annabeth is still in the story but at the same time is not in the story. I like that Magnus in in his own world without her even though they are still family. The ending made my day.  Overall can’t wait for the next one. hopefully it does not take me a year to finish the next one.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...