Friday, June 15, 2018

Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh

Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1)
Blurb:
Odessa is one of Karthia's master necromancers, catering to the kingdom's ruling Dead. Whenever a noble dies, it's Odessa's job to raise them by retrieving their souls from a dreamy and dangerous shadow world called the Deadlands. But there is a cost to being raised--the Dead must remain shrouded, or risk transforming into zombie-like monsters known as Shades. If even a hint of flesh is exposed, the grotesque transformation will begin.

A dramatic uptick in Shade attacks raises suspicions and fears among Odessa's necromancer community. Soon a crushing loss of one of their own reveals a disturbing conspiracy: someone is intentionally creating Shades by tearing shrouds from the Dead--and training them to attack. Odessa is faced with a terrifying question: What if her necromancer's magic is the weapon that brings Karthia to its knees?
 

My thoughts:
Very interesting book.  Can I just say that I am in love with my cover is to die for. I love the way the book starts out.they start off with them fight ing a buck of half dead people. this book brings in diverse characters. the author brings in the dynamic of a same-sex relationship with youth characters. I think that it was tastefully done. i will say that the book was a little predictable near the end. I figured out who was the bad guy right off the bat. this book does leave off with a cliffhanger but I don't think that there will be a sequel. I wish there would be but who knows. Overall a super fast read but still well written.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...