Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore

  






“First we live, then we die. And then...we get another try?”

Blurb from Goodreads:

A wildly imaginative novel about a man who is reincarnated over ten thousand lifetimes to be with his one true love: Death herself."

I got this ARC from book con and I was so beyond excited to start reading it. Like every other ARC I received I always check out other people's reviews to see how they’re being received.

This book completely took away any expectations I may have had.

It absolutely floored me, the concept, the imagery, and especially the serenity of the book. It kept me thinking about how I need more internal peace and should strive to help others selflessly.

Poore's vision of what the afterlife, “up there”, is nothing that I've ever read or seen of before. This book was full of humor, love, the cruel reality of human kind, how one may take life for granted, the ability to change, and the overwhelming necessity to learn from our own and others past mistakes.

This book is beyond amazing. I will definitely be re-reading it again when it is published on August 22nd.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...