Saturday, August 12, 2017

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver


Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

Goodreads Blurb: Dara and Nick used to be inseparable, but that was before the accident that left Dara's beautiful face scarred and the two sisters totally estranged. When Dara vanishes on her birthday, Nick thinks Dara is just playing around. But another girl, nine-year-old Madeline Snow, has vanished, too, and Nick becomes increasingly convinced that the two disappearances are linked. Now Nick has to find her sister, before it's too late.

In this edgy and compelling novel, Lauren Oliver creates a world of intrigue, loss, and suspicion as two sisters search to find themselves, and each other.


My thoughts: The cover of the book looked intriguing and it was a story about 2 sisters who had a falling out but now need each other. I am one of four girls, no boys so I know the struggle of going through hard times with siblings. As you read the story more and more questions keep popping up and I couldn’t put the book until I knew the answer to them all and then I got the ending and…*cue air leaking out of balloon noise. I am not a fan of the ending, it’s confusing and doesn’t really make sense or go with the rest of the story. I thought about reading the book again in case I missed something that connects it all but overall I’m discourage to even try and figure it out.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...