Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Upcoming April Releases I Want to Read


Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
April 4th from Little, Brown

Why? I have just started reading her Firebird trilogy and I fell in love with the story line and her characters.  Her writing flows so easily and you just want to keep flipping the page to find out what happens next.

Geekerella by Ashley Poston
April 4th from QuirkBooks

Why? To me the story is Cinderella that plays out in the fandom world. I’m usually not into Cinderella re-tellings but it’s the fandom environment that is drawing me in.

Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer
April 11th from Harper Teen

Why? This is the first book in the duology and I am so excited. I am a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty so that is what initially drew me in. In reading the description the story also goes into Snow White, similar to Neil Gaiman’s The Sleeper and the Spindle except in this story, the two are sisters.
The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares
April 25th from Delacorts

Why? I have always been attracted to story that have storyline where friends are more like siblings. I was a fan of her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, saw the movies, read her novel 3 Willows about another sisterhood. Ann Brashares, to me, captures the bonds in sisterhoods amazingly well I don’t know if I can wait until the end of the month for this story.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...