Monday, September 3, 2018

Ember (eagle elite 5) by Rachel Van Dyken

24968282
Blurb:
This is a dark mafia romance. It can be read as a stand alone but is recommended to read within the Eagle Elite Series. No Cliffhanger

Everybody Loves A Bit of Darkness..Until It Consumes Them...
I am a Killer. A Rapist. A Monster.
I know only pain and survival.
That is until the Cappo's sister walked into my life.
And changed everything.
She's a light who makes my darkness darker, her smile makes my heart turn to ice, and I can't escape the fear her seductive looks instill--knowing it's only a matter of time before I fail--again, and take her for myself.
This is the story of my redemption.
But it's not pretty...I died, and now I'm alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra.
And I will have my vengeance.
Or die trying.
I am Phoenix De Lange.
Death is all I know.
Until she offers me a piece of life--I can't resist taking.

My thoughts:
Well, this book in the series very interesting. At first we thought Phoenix was dead but actually, he has been alive this whole time. talk about a shock. I know that I was. So now we get to read his story. His story was very intense to read. One thing I love about Mrs. Van Dyken's work is the way she has the ability to make the reader feel like she is in the book. I think Bee is an amazing character. She is what Phoenix needs for him to live. I also think that that it is hysterical that everyone is trigger happy in this series. It makes the book super interesting because you never know who is going to get shot at. We will also learn more about Cosa Nostra as a whole and all of the drama going down there. Can't wait to read more!

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...