Thursday, July 26, 2018

Talk Nerdy to Me (Sterling Shore 12) by C.M.Owens

Talk Nerdy To Me (The Sterling Shore Series Book 12)

Blurb:
Despite the fact it seemed like Base Masters was all over Sterling Shore, I'd never really known much about him, aside from random factoids. Things like...he's a semi-estranged cousin of one of my brother's friends, plays guitar in a local band, and he doesn't get mentioned much unless he's on stage.

Until...he decided I was going to be his first real-life muse, moved himself into my spare room, and started splashing the walls with pictures of my face next to his lyrics...

His weirdness differs from mine, but he'd be a perfect candidate for my hymen situation. Then I could finally move on to the next personal challenge on my list. The only problem is that he's yet another man afraid of a virgin.

I genuinely never expected it to be so difficult to lose one's virginity. I think the world has filled me with false expectations of debauchery coming so easily.

The human element always messes up the plans in my head.
My thoughts:
This book I have been waiting a while to read. For me, this book touched close to home. Britt, the main character, is different than most people. She does not understand social cues, what is appropriate and what is not, and at the same time, she is a genius. One of the main thing that the author does right is not making the main focus on her disability. Yes the other charicters around her know that she is different but they don't care at all. They help her through her daily life. In the book, the outside world realizes that she is different or is just really weird. So she is not always included. the main premise of the book is that Brit wants to lose her virginity. I love the relationship that she has with Base Master. He lets her be herself without the judgments. The same goes for Britt. She lets him express his creative side. I really enjoyed this story. I hope this is not the last one in the series.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...