Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Deadly Little Secret (a Touch Novel) by Laurie Faria Stolarz


Deadly Little Secret (a Touch Novel) by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Goodreads Blurb: Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help-but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

From the best-selling author of
Blue is for Nightmares comes a story of paranormal romance that's sure to be a thrilling and chilling teen favorite.

My thoughts: It has been awhile since I have re-read this series. I first discovered this series while browsing my library shelves for something new to read. This was my first introduction to her writing and I immediately fell in love.  I read this book before I discovered Twilight and now that I’m re-reading it I get major Edward/Bella vibes. 

One of my favorite things about this series is that it’s only 5 books and they are all short, quick reads. You can read a book a day, finish the entire series in a week. I also love the mystery, the story keeps you guessing until the end. Though that fact that it’s a fast read is a “pro” for me it is also a “con”. I wish the book was a little bit longer but then I worry it will be extended with nonsense that doesn’t add much to the story.

Something I would change about the story is the friendship between Camelia, Kimmie and Wes. To me their friendship is super relatable and each character has their own unique personality that readers will either relate themselves or have a friend in their social circle that is similar to the character.
Links to Purchase:
Barnes&Noble (nook format)

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...