Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Interview with a Rockstar!

Hi everyone. Since today is Thanksgiving, I wanted to give back to all of the readers out there who are a fan. Books are my passion and I am so fortunate that I have the opertunity to turn this passion into a career. Never give up on want you went. With that said let me introduce the Rockstar that I will be interviewing.  He is a drummer and in this little band called Blush. Can you guess who it is?  That's right  it is Trace Styx!

Leah: Thank you for taking time out of you day for this interview.
Trace: The pleasure is all mine
*Such a flirt*
Leah:Out of all the instruments, what led you to like drums the best? If you could pick any other
instrument to play what would it be?  

Trace: When I was little, I was always banging on pots and pans with wooden spoons. My mom thought           it helped me get out my aggression or anger, so she got me my first drum set. The rest is history, as they say.  Other instrument… well, I can play the piano/keyboards. I guess I'd like to learn to play the sax or get better with the guitar.

L: What is your favorite and worst celebrity that you have meet? 
T: Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. She is hella crazy and so much fun. Her brother too.

L: If you were not a musician, what would you be?
T: Hell, I don't know. All I've ever wanted to be was a musician. Underground fighter maybe.

L: Out of all the girls in the world, what made Meggie stand out to you?
T: Her personality. She doesn't hide what she's feeling and she doesn't pretend to be someone she's 
not. I love that she's so real. On top of that she's smokin' hot.

L: What is your favorite thing about Meggie? 
T: Her bounce when she's happy. It's like she just can't keep that much happiness contained in her tiny body. It's cute.

L: Is Meggie the one?
T:  Yeah, she is.

L: The fans what to know the answer to this so don’t kill me. I know that you were in a band before but if they asked you to come back would you? 
T: No. Without question, no. They screwed up so big when they let drugs take over and edge out the music. I don't want to be around anyone like that and I know Blush will never go in that direction.

L: What is your favorite part about working in Blush?
T: Everyone participates when writing songs—both the lyrics and the music. We didn't do that in my last band.

L: What is your favorite thing to do in you down time?
T:  Bang Meggie. Trace chuckles. She's going to hit me for that. We go hiking, to the beach. We're usually pretty active. I guess I should have just said spending time with Meggie.

L: What is it like living in Casa Falling Down? 
T: Meggie and I have our own place. We're the only ones other than Sera and Cage. I don't think I could live there 24/7. Way too much chaos and I like my privacy.

L: What is the worst part about being a musician? 
T: The tour buses. They can be luxurious and top of the line, but they're cramped and you have zero privacy. After a show, everyone's sweaty and fighting for the shower. So, yeah. The bus.

L: How do you handle the pressure of being a musician?
T:  I just go with it. I've never really given it any thought. I just go out there to play music. Yeah, we get those crazy fans who come up to you in the middle of a tattoo or haircut and ask for an autograph, but I'd have done the same thing when I was a kid if I'd seen a musician I liked.

L: What was your first tat? Where and when?
T: My first tat was this one here on my right upper arm of the skulls. I was 17 when I got that one.

L: Were you as shocked as the girls were when you found out that Xander was married?
T: Not really. I knew there was something going on with the guy that no one else knew or talked about. Now it's a matter of finding out just what the hell happened there. I'm sure it's going to be something big.
L: Thank you again for coming today and Happy Thanksgiving.
T: Thank you for having me and you too.

That was intense but very informative as well. I am excited that I got to interview Trace. If you want me to do a follow up with Trace or an interview with other Rockstar characters let me know in the comments. If you missed the other interviews that I did the link for them will be below. Have a good Thanksgiving.





No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...