Thursday, October 4, 2018

Empire (eagle elite 7) by Rachel Van Dyken

25544961

Blurb:
I have lost everything.
My purpose.
My love.
My soul.
Death knocks on my door, I want to answer, but every time I reach for the handle--the promise I made her, brings me back.
So I breathe.
I live.
I hate.
And I allow the anger to boil beneath the surface of a perfectly indifferent facade.
I am broken, I don't want to be fixed.
One last trip to New York, one last chance to redeem a lost part of the mafia family. The Empire is crumbling and it's my job to fix it, my job to mend the pieces that were scattered over thirty years ago.
The only issue is, the only way to fix, is to do something I swore I'd never do again.
An arranged marriage.
Only this time.
I won't fall.
Or so help me God, I'll kill her myself.
My name is Sergio Abandanoto, you think you know my pain, my suffering, my anger, my hate--you have no idea.
I am the mafia.
I am the darkness.
Blood in. No out.

My thoughts:
this book will have your emotions all over the place. I must have cried a bunch of time throughout this book. If I had to marry a new person right after my wife died, I don't think I could do it. We get introduced to two new characters in this book. the love story between the two characters makes it an even balance. they both keep each other in line. I  The main girl in this book made me a bit mad. How do you not realize that your family is part of the mob? There were so many factors that just did not make sense.  Other than that, I think that the book is very well written and I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

January New Releases

January 12th Waiting for the Night Song Julie Carrick Dalton A startling and timely debut, Julie Carrick Dalton's Waiting for the Night ...